Thursday, September 3, 2009

Weight Watchers Continued...

The chicken fingers were delicious. You can obviously decide which sauce you want to dip them in, but be careful to calculate the points correctly for the one you choose. The fries were not awesome, they were average. Trevor didn't like them, he thought they "looked funny". I tried to explain they don't look like McDonalds because 1, they were much larger since I cut up an actual potato, 2, they were deep fried in grease so they don't get that lovely coating and 3, there was nothing on them but a little creole seasoning. So truthfully, next time I will make the Chicken Fingers alone or with another side dish. Try these out though, they are awesome!

The other WW friendly thing I came up with was a snack that just seemed to sound delicious at the time. My problem is that I love fruit, so I am all set with that, but with Veggies, i'm a little more hesitant. I do like several different things; brocoli, cauliflower, carrots, beans, salad, zuchini, squash, potatos, etc. but the problem is with about 90 % of those veggies, I like them either cooked (which adds a different points value), or dipped in some kind of dressing. (Ex. RANCH). So either way I am not taking advantage of the low points value of eating raw vegetables. This "brilliant" idea came to me when I realized we had leftover mushrooms from our Ka Bobs and some baby carrots in the fridge. I wanted to take these as a snack but I didn't want to eat them plain. So i'm weighing out the options and checking the back of the Hidden Valley bottle to see how many points the right amount of dressing would be to satisfy my need. Turns out, it's not worth the 4 points it would be to dip the entire amount of veggies. So I came up with this brilliant plan.

Ranch/Sour Cream & Garlic Veggie Dip

1 cup of mushrooms, cut, uncooked (Insert Fav Vegetable Here) (0 pts)
10 fresh baby carrots, uncooked (Insert Fav Vegetable Here) (0 pts)
2 tablespoons of Hidden Valley Fat Free Ranch Dressing (1 pt)
2 tablespoons of Fat Free Sour Cream (0 pts)
1/4 teaspoon of Mrs. Dash Salt Free Garlic & Herb Seasoning (0 pts)
0+0+1+0+0=1 pt!!

To me that is well worth it, that is a lot of veggies and the dip makes just enough so that you can heavily dip each one. Solution to my 4 o'clock "starvation" without reducing my points for dinner.
On a side note, that Mrs. Dash Salt Free Garlic & Herb Seasoning is great! You also coincidentally use it on the WW Chicken Fingers (that's why I originally bought it), but it tastes delicious and is very low in points (clearly). They have several different kinds and are good on just about anything. Check them out, they are a great addition to the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...