Thursday, September 3, 2009

Weight Watchers

On a Weight Watchers note, I started the program last Monday and actually ended up going with the Online Version instead. The problem with the WW @ Work was that it kept getting post-poned. It's hard enough to get back on the wagon without having a couple extra weeks to justify garbage plates and endless amounts of starbucks. The Online Version ended up being $65 for the first 3 months and then $16.95 each month from then on. So it's really not too bad when you think about the impact it will have on my life.

Anyways, for anyone who is thinking of signing up for the program, I HIGHLY reccomend the online version. I love it. I can 'build' recipes by taking ingrediants and adding and subtracting them to figure out what the best points solution can be. It tracks/calculates my points right online and lets me know where i'm at. The chart that tracks your weight loss every week is neat too. It has your starting weight and your *Goal* and then will show you in a line graph where your at. It's cool to watch it go down (I took a look at one of my friend's at work from her site, and it has a significant drop, good girl!). I'm excited to watch mine go down, this week I had a 4lb difference. Hey, you gotta start somewere!

I found a great recipe on the site that I made for Trevor and I Tuesday night before my Cake Decorating class. Here it is;

WW Chicken Fingers w/ Ranch & Seasoned Fries

3 sprays of cooking sprays
1 lb boneless, skin less chicken breast, cut into thin strips
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 and 1/2 packets instant oatmeal (I used one cup of bread crumbs, I didn't have oatmeal.
2 tsp Garlic Herb Seasoning, preferably Salt Free
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 Large Potatos, Russet, Peeled and cut into 1/2 inch thick fries
1 tbsp Creole Seasoning
1/2 cup Fat Free Ranch Salad Dressing

Preheat over to 400 degrees, coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.

Coat chicken with mustard, combine oats, garlic herb seasoning, salt and pepper into a bowl, and dip chicken strips into the mixture, coating completely. Arrange potatos on pan around chicken fingers, and coat both lightly with cooking spray, sprinkle potatos with Creole seasoning.

Bake, flipping once until chicken is cooked through and both chicken and potatos are a golden brown, about 30 minutes. Serve chicken and potatos with ranch on the side.

Yields about 3 oz of chicken, 1/2 a potato and 2 tbsp of dressing per serving.

POINTS VALUE=6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...