Tuesday, August 3, 2010

God Bless the USA.

Can you tell i'm missing someone?? Well, Trevor's been gone a week, and wont be back for 2 more. He's doing his yearly drill in Fort Drum (about 3 hours from here). Essentially it is 3 weeks of camping in the woods, mixed with various drills, classes, etc. Sounds fun right? Well, his best friend Brendan and him still had time to mess around with pictures/facebook, so don't feel tooooo bad ;). But you can imagine my suprise when I log into facebook and see this guys smiling face. A nice little break after bein apart for a week. Not to mention, i've developed a soft spot for a guy in uniform!

I don't believe i've ever discussed this, but Trevor's currently stationed in Buffalo, and recently got his orders for November of 2011 to go to Afghanistan. Not too thrilled. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be prouder, but Hunter and I will miss him a lot. Especially since Hunter is going through a "Daddy-Boy" phase where Trevor can do no wrong! It's also difficult when he sees Trevor's twin brother Tyler. To us, they don't look exactly alike anymore, but to Hunter, I think for just a second he thinks it's Dad. Just heartbreaking. Can't wait to have him back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...