Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Details, Details...

Lots of random stuff to update!

First, this past Sunday Trevor and I met with our photographer who is actually an old friend of mine from high school (different schools/mutual friends). Let me tell you, I'm so excited to be able to work with her! After chatting about "what kind of shots we want", etc. it sounds like we are on the exact same page. She also did a few "test" shots for us so we could get used to how she works. Of course, Trevor and I being the akward people we are, were not used to being followed and therefore we didn't give her much to work with. Throw in the windiest day ever (60 mph range, this was SUNDAY people), a wandering 2 year old and some frigid weather and what do you get? Two people with chattering teeth & not so cute jackets on, one with crazy windblown hair and the other with wandering eyes (to ensure Hunter wasn't jumping in the water).

We did capture a few that I didn't mind...




In other wedding news, we are getting the final details all wrapped up-we are finally breaking ground with Hurd and managed to squeeze menu options, rehearsal times/details, and nail down a date to go pick out our ceremony location/flowers/cake. I'm really excited and rather relieved to be getting these details taken care of.

We also met our DJ last week, and he is great! So down to earth and we are completely on the same page with music choices (aka no macarena or chicken dance).

I have my dress fitting next Thursday and I'm so excited to put on my dress again :). I want to see if the magic is still there from when I first tried it on...Let's cross our fingers. Another exciting thing that's coming up is my Bachelorette party! Woo hoo! We are going to have dinner at one of my fav. restaurants (Sticky Lips) and just eat, drink and party it up! Then Saturday, we are heading up to my friend Liz's for a night out. We'll probably head over to my favorite winery "Niagara Landing", do some tastings and some buying then head back to Liz's to hang out until later that night when we'll get all dressed up for dinner and then downtown! It's been a while since I've done something like this and I'm really excited to be able to have a "last night out" :).

I'm really excited about this weekned. Friday, we are going to try out this adorable little restaurant that we found while we were on a walk with Hunter last weeknd. It's tucked away by the railroad tracks and is a little boxcar (family restaurant) that has awesome decor inside (1900's vintage train and early 1900's baseball). I can't wait to try it out! Saturday my friend from work who used to work for lancome is coming over for our makeup trial! Pretty exciting. And of course Sunday is Easter. We'll end up going over to Trevor's Mom's house for brunch & then Hunter and I will head over to my Mom's house to have dinner with her, while Trevor heads to work.

More to come soon, but here's a little somethin' to hold you over until then...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...