Wednesday, June 29, 2011

a Blue's Clue's celebration!

I'm trying to post in "order" of occurences, however I am still working on our Wedding day post. I'm sure you all understand that one is the most time consuming. :)

We celebrated Hunter's b-day a few weekends ago, and took the opportunity to break in the new house. It turned out to be a gorgeous day so naturally, the festivities took place in our backyard.

I tossed around a ton of birthday party themes and although I found some absolutely adorable ones (future ideas?)...and of course I decided on Hunter's current fav. I figured this was the perfect way to transition OUT of Blue's Clue's.. with one last hurrah! Because the show is a little "older", it was harder to find stuff with the actual theme on it. This was fine, I was up to the challenge.

I found a lot of various blue colored items (tablecloths, silverware, streamers, cups) and decorated the backyard. Then, I created a "candy bar", where I filled several glass vases with blue colored candy. This became the party favor for the kiddos. I found these little shovel/pail sets online (get it, Shovel & Pail are characters on the show). Our next area was a table with some leftover bubble containers from the wedding (to "blow bubbles" with Slipper Soap (another character). Another table was set up with some crayons and some print outs of the different characters. This one was labeled "Test your drawing skills with Steve".

We also had one of those bounce house things... to keep the kids amused. It was hit!

Hunter got some great gifts and to be with our friends and family it reminded us of how blessed we really are.

Now for some pics!



I made little bags of Puppy Chow for everyone to take home. I glued the recipe to the front of the bag, in case anyone wanted to recreate this tasty treat.


The refreshment table

Magenta's "Marvelous" Fruit Punch & Blue's "Berry-Good" Lemonade!


Some Blue Clue's cookies shaped like dog bones...


A basket full of snacks for the little ones, and the bubble blowing table


The "Candy Bar"


The snack/food table. We decided to do toddler favorites... Pizza, mini hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls, macaroni and cheese and build your own fruit skewers with chocolate & cream cheese dippings.



It was a great way to ring in year # 2 for my sweetie pie :)

1 comment:

  1. You always do a fantastic job Kara!!! You are so creative and I am so proud of you. Please continue this wonderful blog. We love you.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...