Monday, July 11, 2011

california rollin' & happy b-day to my BFF!


Greetings All! Monday's are generally hard enough, without having to wake up to a wonderful forecast of 85 degrees. I would love to spend the day lounging in the pool, rather than constructing E-Mails & building websites but who said life was fair. I'll stop complaining now.

This weekend was a great one. Friday night Hunter and I joined Amanda and some of her(/our) friends at California Rollin' for dinner to celebrate Amanda's Birthday. For those who aren't familiar, California Rollin' is a Sushi restaurant here in Rochester. They have really great food, but we were totally not impressed with the service. First off, we called ahead to make reservations for 13 adults (and 2 kids) for 6:30. We got there around 6:20 and were really shocked to find we were sitting outside of the restaurant. In booths. If you haven't been there before, just picture an old art gallery, full of various shops/restaurants. California Rollin' is somewhere in the middle, so there is a section (outside the restaurant but inside the "gallery), then the actual restaurant, and then there is an outside (for real outside) patio. Well they had us sitting on the (inside/outside <-does this make sense), so quite possibly the WORST place you could be. And to top it all off, as I mentioned they had us in about 6 different booths. Um, hello... generally when you make reservations you would like to actually sit with your party. So naturally, we complained. They made us wait out there while they "arranged" a table out on the patio for almost an hour! We weren't even offered a drink. Not cool.

The rest of the meal went off pretty well thoug
h, and it was gorgeous outside. We all had various rolls of sushi but for the kiddos (hunter and DJ) they had a hot dog and some strawberries (thank you Crystal!).

Then we had some dessert. Who could resist a deep fried oreo? Not Hunter I assure you....


After dinner, Amanda's activity of choice was to head over to the Ea
st End Festival. Since it was her B-Day, we had to oblige :). Delaney went home with Hunter (she isn't 21 yet sadly) and the rest of us went to the festival. It was pretty fun, I got to see some old friends from High School.

<--- Carolyn, one of the girls on my cheerleading squad in high school. She actually lives right next door to my Aunt on the lake (came in handy Senior year). Her house won the award for best party house by far...Boat, hot tub, need I say more?












Julie---> Also a friend from cheerleading, although Julie and I go a little further back. When I first moved to Honeoye, my parents bought her house. So it was nice to have a friend right away after moving to a new town. Julie is also responsible for getting me grounded for the first time (riding our bikes 5 miles into town w/out telling anyone), getting me grounded a second time (staying too late at the fair w/out calling) and for getting my car towed for the first/only time. Sense a pattern? ;) Apparently together we equal trouble.



It was really great to see both of them. And everyone else we ran into. I think the birthday girl had fun as well :). I'll finish up the weekend a little bit later...

but a big
Happy 24th to my bff in the whole world!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...