Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th of July - Weekend!

Happy 4th of July everyone (a day late, per usual on my part). I had the best weekend! Completely relaxing & full of friends and family... Friday night, Trevor had to go into work so Amanda, Delaney, Hunter and I went over to my Mom's house for a nice swim. After that, the night was pretty uneventful and Hunter and I headed home to snuggle.

Saturday we woke up and did our new "morning routine", which consists of getting up to play on the deck while Buckley does his "business" out back.


Then we hung around for a bit, and then packed it up and went to my Mom's house. We had dinner, swam and just relaxed for the day/night. (Trevor had to go into work at 4).

Sunday, you guessed it... more of the same! Although Sunday I did run a few errands (probably my longest stretch of being out of the pool all weekend). I had some coupons/giftcards to Macy's, and they were running a nice little 4th O' July sale and i wanted to cash in. I ended up getting an awesome comforter set and some sheets (still a FAIL on my part from the bridal shower) and this adorable "H" pillow. I found it on the clearance rack, it had an original price tag of $70 but was marked down to 50% off of the original, and then 40% off of the clearance price. Oh yeah, and I had a 20% off per item coupon as well. It matches his "colors" perfectly, and oh look at that... his name begins with H. What a coincidence?


After the mall trip on Sunday, we went BACK over to my Mom's to swim. Since it was Trevor's only full day off that weekend, we had some friends over and turned it into a little swim party. Amanda's Dad joined us, & ordered us all pizza. Yum Yum & more Yum.

Monday was probably the "most fun" out of all of them! We had a 4th of July BBQ at, you guessed it, my Mom's house. We had a bunch of friends over...Amanda, Delaney, Devon, Al, Kansas, My aunt Melinda, Paige & Nathan...it was a blast! We ate clams, and some amazing salads. Not to mention our "pool side" beverages consisted of our newest finding.....






Yes my friends, that is a vodka that tastes like CAKE. We also conveniently found a little card attached to it that has several different mixes that taste like various forms of cake. Our favorites were the Key Lime Pie & Pineapple upside down cake.

We all spent the day swimming/tanning/snoozing (hunter of course), & snacking. Not a bad way to spend a day you are typically at work.

One of the best parts of the weekend was that Hunter FINALLY gave into the pool. For whatever reason, he hasn't liked it thus far. He has a little kiddie pool that my mom got him and he loves to play in that, but whenever we tried to bring him into the real pool, he would scream his head off.

Well that all changed on Monday. For whatever reason, when I dipped him in the pool he didn't scream. So we tested it out a little further...and he was still fine. Even ENJOYING himself. Folks, that was the end of his fear. He is now a little swimmin' man!



Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...