Friday, September 17, 2010

I'm in love w/ a ...... Mixer!

No these are not the beginning lyrics of the ever famous T-Pain song. Rather, it is the start of new love affair. (Please excuse me if I refer to the this electronic device as "my baby", or "the love of my life", truthfully it's not meant to replace Hunter, OR Trevor, I am just super excited!). Yes, you may have guessed it folks, I am not the proud owner of a Kitchenaid Artisan Mixer. The best part? I did not pay a dime for it. Let me start off by saying I have wanted one of these for a few years now, I have researched online, drooled in Bed Bath and Beyond, and so on. Realistically, it has just never been in my budget. For those of you who aren't aware of the cost behind these babies, feel free to gander Kitchenaid.com.

Yes, those are real prices. In US Dollars. Yikes right? Well, basically that just means that I could have probably purchased one oh say, when Hunter graduates college.

Which is what brings me to, "The Contest". Essentially you had to write a story, on Cooking, and how it builds memories. Well, due to my intense love for writing, I figured this was right up my ally. I honestly didn't expect anything to come out of it (I'd like to point out, I've entered a few of these contests for various other things-a wii, gift cards, etc. and have NEVER won a thing). But, I figured i'd dust off those writing skills and send something in anyways. Well, needless to say, they must have liked it! Only a few days after the contest closed, I received an E-Mail saying that I won! Woo Hoo! I'll post the story if anyone cares to read it (it's not
that great I promise) once I get the hard copy back!

So yesterday, at precisely 5:32 pm, I picked up my new best friend. (This is not meant to replace you either Amanda, just an expression!!). Here's a pic! (Try not to judge, i'm not usually this tacky-I had to take a pic, it's part of the promotion. lol)


It couldn't have come at a better time either. Fall is my favorite season for food. The possibilities are endless, bring it on!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...