Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day! (a day late).

I'm running a little behind lately, please forgive me. Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day yesterday! Ours was pretty calm (almost non-existent). Trevor had to work 5-1:30 am, so he wasn't able to join us. Hunter and I ordered some dinner from Mark's Pizzeria (a wrap for me, french fries & chicken tenders for him) and watched some movies. Hunter was more excited that he got to eat at a tray table (he's usually in his high chair). He did surprisingly well....

I didn't give him his Valentine's gifts yet, because Trevor and I wanted to do it together. We just spent the night relaxing and then turned in (so exciting I know!). We will have our little family "Valentine's Day" on Thursday instead.

Sunday night though, Hunter and I were busy making Valentine's treats for his buddies at daycare.

First we made Rice Krispie treats (such a classic, and one of my favorites). To make them special I put a little red dye in the marshmallow mix and after they cooled we cut them with a heart-shaped cookie cutter. Then we wrapped them up in these cute little heart bags that I found at Michael's last season.


Then, we started on the Cupcake bites. I first saw these when Heather made them for her cousin Lindsay's baby shower. I'm not a huge chocolate fan, but let me tell you-these things are amazing! I made the recipe according to the Bakerella instructions for "Easy Cupcake Bites". When they say Easy... they don't factor in the time they take and the mess they make. Completely worth it though...



They are always a hit!

Then, I had some extra chocolate leftover from the Cupcake bites, so I poured it into one of the Valentine's Day molds that I got from my Grandma.

Voila! Instant treats for the kids at daycare, and an extra special one for Julie. I also had a bunch of leftovers so naturally I took them into work. Didn't take long for them to dissapear...



Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...