Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Best Pumpkin Muffins!

I know I still haven't posted on the reception part of the wedding. Hang in there. It is a totally boring event w/ no pics... and Honestly, I don't have any yet. We've gotten a decent amount of informal ones, but i'll wait until the actual pics get sent over.

Last night, Trevor worked until 1:00 am, so Hunter and I were flyin' solo for dinner. We had some crab alfredo *yum*. We usually take advantage of the nights Trevor's gone, and eat something fishy (Trevor HATES seafood). After dinner, we started baking some Pumpkin Muffins. I got the recipe from Allrecipes.com (one of my fav's!).


Hunter Charles can tell when i'm baking or cooking, because he circles like a hawk. I swear, i'll be snacking on something (a piece of cheese, an apple... doesn't matter what it is...) and he will come over and put his hands up. He's a good little eater, and i'm very grateful for that!


This is just one plate of the "mini" version. See, the recipe called for (3) 12 cup muffin pans. Well, I only have 2, so I had to improvise w/ my mini muffin pans! I left a plate at home, took 2 plates to work, and set aside a plate of muffins for my Mom's Boyfriend. He lost his Mom this past week, so he is feeling kinda down. I hope a plate of these bad boys, (and maybe some Pumpkin Ale?) will do that trick!

I can tell you one thing though...


Hunter sure enjoyed them. THREE mini muffin's later, he drank a bottle of milk, and passed out next to me on the couch. He hasn't done that in forever! Love my little snuggler. I unfortunately couldn't fall asleep, as I got caught up in a Lifetime Movie (damn that Network, I swear to god, it's designed to drag innocent channel flippers in...). We both passed out before Trevor got home though. Hope these looong strange hours pay off.

This weekend we are going to get some pumpkins in a pick-your-own patch near our house. I'll finish putting up some last minute Halloween decorations also. Amanda is going to come over Sat. night to hang out as well. Love girl time. Fun weekend ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...