Monday, October 4, 2010

DIY Artwork Display

I've been trying to put some "finishing touches" on Hunter's Big Boy room. I've had some ideas in mind, but this is one that I saw in a Better Homes and Garden Magazine. It is a nice way to display your child's artwork, without having a big tacky corkboard hanging, or putting small holes in your wall... :).

All I did need to buy was a (roughly 2 ft.) piece of plywood at Lowes, some cute "little boy" fabric from Jo Ann fabrics, and a pack of clothespins.


I took the fabric and used a staple gun to attach the fabric to the piece of wood. Once I did this, I placed the clothespins an equal distance apart, and stapled them to the cloth-covered wood. Then I drilled (2) small holes into the wood, and drilled it to the wall. Then, just hang the beautiful artwork from each clothespin and you are done!

*on a side note, obviously Hunter hasn't gotten into arts and crafts TOO much yet, but at his old daycare, they did some artwork w/ him, so I got lucky!*

Voila! Super easy, and cost maybe $7 from start to finish! Take that Pottery Barn, No one wants your stupid $45 artwork displayer...

Another thing I "updated" in his room, is I added some real Caution tape along the border of his Construction Truck Decals....


Please excuse the stack of stuff on top of Hunter's Toybox. We are still trying to figure out where to put all his lotions... diapers, etc. now that he doesn't use a changing table anymore. Hmm, the possibilities... Back on topic. I purchased the Caution Tape from Lowes as well. As much as I love the Truck Decals, I kind of felt like something was missing. The "truck-walls" just didn't look as complete as the airplane walls did. I wanted to add something without making it look over-done. I'm going to secure it a little better with some double-sided tape, but you get the general idea!

The only thing I have left to do, is hang his h-u-n-t-e-r letters. I'll post when 100% complete :).

1 comment:

  1. you are so creative Kara. I hope other people actually take the time to read your blogs. They are so wonderfully written and really do keep us up to date and close. Thank you for taking so much time to do this. We love you.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...