Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!/My new toy.

Morning all! Got a little catchin' up to do. This past weekend (Happy New Years btw!) was fun. We had a little get together Friday night with some friends & some of my cousins. It was great (and very rare) to have nearly all of my cousins in one place to party. We rang in the New Year right with some Margaritas & some new memories.

I have a couple posts coming about some new projects I've been working on, but I just wanted to post real quick on how excited I am about my latest purchase. I've been teetering back and forth between all of the different e-readers that are available. The Kindle, The Nook, Sony E-Reader, etc.

After reviewing all of them, checking the prices of books & weighing the options, I've decided that my favorite is the Kindle. Not because I'm biased, (go Amazon!) but because it truly seems to be the best rated one. However, this is the real world & I had to weigh the options. After stumbling upon the Sharper Image Literai E-Reader on the Bed Bath and Beyond Website. I did a little investigation & some reviews say it, for lack of a better word "sucks", others say that it does what it needs to (aka reading) which is really all I'm looking for. I know some of them are good for surfing the internet and doing other fun "techy" stuff but I have a computer, I don't need that.

So, I made a decision...


My new E-Reader!! I'm so excited about this, as we all know how much I love reading :). One of the huge pluses is that the books you purchase (kobobooks.com) are cheap. One of the books I've been eyeing for a few weeks is actually about $3.50 cheaper doing it this way. Another awesome fact about this little guy is the price I paid for it.

The original price=

$149.99

Instant Rebate (-$50)
BBB 20% Coupon (-$20)

Price $80. BUT, guess who has a $100 Bed Bath and Beyond giftcard I've been stashin'.. ME.

I paid nothing out of pocket! AND, to top it all off, there is $20 Mail-in-Rebate. So essentially, I made a profit. You can't beat that.

I already ordered my first book & am ready to go. Merry Christmas Me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...