Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dum da dum dum dummmmmmmm.

Weight Watchers began Monday so Hunter and I had to "redo" the cupboards. Luckily for us, we were out of food anyways so the transition wasn't too difficult. I did my research beforehand, and made a list that consisted of some great WW friendly foods (aside from the things that are actually labeled WW). In addition, being the crazy bargain shopper I am, I signed up for a bunch of coupons because we all know that DIET food is never cheap. So I am all set with coupons in hand and my list ready to go!

My store of choice this time was WalMart. Normally i'm 100% a Wegmans lover, but in this case i've found that Walmart tends to carry the "brands" I need to get for cheaper. I chose the Macedon one because I find it's far less crowded than Henrietta... (Can't wait until they finish building the Walmart in Victor, Yay!). I got a lot stuff for the amount I ended up paying... Some great snacks i'd reccomend for "cutting" or "counting" calories are;

Skinny Cow Ice Cream Products (YUM)
Smart Ones (Have the WW points right on them)
Special K-Pretty much anything they make, I love the cereal bars
Low Fat Cottage Cheese (K maybe not for everyone but I love it!)
100 Calorie packs (Tried 'em all, love 'em all)
String Cheese (Pretty much any brand will do)
Arnold's Pita Bread
Thomas Whole Wheat Tortillas (Lovely wraps...)

Beer of choice while on WW, Miller Genuine Draft Light 64 (1 point a piece!) You could drink 22 in one day, yay!

Wine Idea of the day (given to me by my co-worker)- Mix 1/2 a glass of your favorite white wine w/ half a cup of diet sprite and voila! A wine spritzer with half the calories.

Groceries are bought, program paid for... WEIGHED IN. Ready, Set, GO!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! Getting rid of all the junk and making smarter choices is half the battle. I could use some refreshing in that area, too. Where do you get all of your coupons from?

    Also--Arnold's stuff... I love the sandwich thins! They are like these really thin rolls, and we make turkey sandwiches. They are like 100 calories a piece, but have a lot of fiber (at least the whole wheat ones do), so they probably even out to be 1 pt? Anyway, they're really tasty and don't taste "diet."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...