Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Look who's Cookin...

Monday night in honor of the first day of WW, I decided to make a new recipe that I found. It's called WW Chicken Noodle Casserole. I know, I know, you will find that I make a lot of recipes that include chicken. Well reason being, Trevor will pretty much try anything I make as long as it contains chicken, and also because it's a pretty cheap meat of choice :). Anyways, while Trevor went for his run, Hunter and I started dinner...

Hunter is a great cook for a 3-month old believe it or not. His specialties include heating up the oven, drooling on the pan and hitting himself in the face wooden spoons. As shown above he is really got a grasp on that spoon! He's getting so big too quickly for me! Anyways, back to the recipe.




Weight Watchers Chicken Noodle Casserole

4 cups egg noodles (cooked & drained)
2 cans condenced reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (campbells healthy choice)
1/4 cup skim milk
6 oz cooked chicken, cut into pieces
1 can tomatos (I didn't add this)
10 oz frozen mixed vegetables (I used peas and corn)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Place into a 9" x 12 " pan. Bake for 30 minutes.

Weight Watchers=4 points if serving 8, 5.5 if serving 6

It was pretty good, but it wasn't the best thing I have ever tasted. Generally when I make "fat free" meals, they don't taste like they are fat free. This recipe though, tasted like it was healthy. It was kind of bland, but all in all, for the points value being so low it's worth making!

With Weight Watchers, I am trying every thing at least once, that way I can keep a broad range of foods to eat. If you ever have any recipes or tips, feel free to post them!

Today at work we all met at Hong Wah for lunch in honor of Julia's visit home! Julia is one of my old fellow co-workers at Paychex that left us for the great city of Philidolphia in May. I miss her smiling face at work so it was great to be able to see her. The problem for me was that with Weight Watchers haunting me as I walked in the door, I actually had to eat something healthy. I know, healthy at a chinese restaurant is not exaclty possible. However, Hong Wah did win an award for being the top 100 healthiest Chinese food restaurants in the country. Not bad. Plus I ordered the Steamed Chicken and Mixed Vegetables with a Spring Roll. Could be worse.

Happy it's Wednesday, I need it to be the weekend though... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...