Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Much Needed Caffine Overload at Work

Let me tell you a little bit about my job. I am an HR Online Advisor for Paychex (A payroll company in Rochester, NY).


I have around 100 clients that I work with daily. Basically, I train them on how to use the site, build benefits, etc. and then serve as their go-to person for as long as they have the application. You may be thinking… Wow, awful redundant. Believe it or not, going over the same exact website everyday is not as boring as you’d think. I have met a lot of awesome clients & get to plan my day however I want. Not a bad thing.

Today however, I am absolutely exhausted.
Hunter a.k.a the Dragon, did not sleep well last night. He has been awesome lately and slept for 7-8 hours at a time. For a 2 ½ month old, pretty impressive right? Well something was clearly bothering him last night because he woke up in the middle of the night appearing to be hungry.

Mommy to the rescue.

So we sit on the couch, he eats, then falls asleep (typical Hunter). TV is on, and I’m so out of it at this point I actually think I ended up watching Making the Band (a show I despise), and ended up falling asleep on the couch with him still laying on my chest. When I woke up I realized it was 4:30 am, Hunter was still sleeping on me, and it was time to put him back in his crib, so I turned off the TV and put the bottle in the fridge. Or so I thought.

When I wake up this morning around 7:15 am, Hunter is fussing, clearly he is hungry again. I walk into the kitchen (fairly exhausted after waking up a couple times last night), and start to make a bottle. Then I remembered his unfinished bottle from last night & decide to be resourceful. I open up the fridge and much to my surprise, there is the TV remote right where I normally put his bottles J. The half full bottle is on the coffee table, next to the other remotes. Oh, what a sleep deprived state of mind can do to you.

(Actual Photo!)


1 comment:

  1. Kara, you have a blog! Yay!

    This post is hilarious. I love the actual photo.

    I need to stop over some night this upcoming week... it's been too long since I've seen my little nephew! I can't believe you guys are missing my birthday dinner to go see Brad Paisley. Whatever, I see how it is! ;) (Have a good time!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...