Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Weekend-Sunday...The Main Event!

Please excuse the lateness of this post, too busy of a weekend! Unfortunately on Sunday (Halloween) Trevor had to work late at the hospital, so he was bummed about missing out on Hunter's "first" trick or treating. I had to convince him that in all honesty, this really isn't the year for him to enjoy trick or treating, next year will be more fun! That made him feel a little better though. Either way, we took a ton of pics/video to make sure we documented Nora's first, and Hunter's second Halloween.

After Trevor left for work, we headed over to Trevor's Mom's house for some dinner and Halloween fun. Her boyfriend David cooked us some delicious pot roast and vegetables (Hunter loooved it). After dinner, we snacked on homemade caramel popcorn (thanks heather!) and of course enjoyed some beverages. When it was near dark, we got the kids into their costumes... Nora as a leopard and Hunter as a puppy.

Had to steal the pic from Heather's facebook because I left my memory card at home, plus I suck at taking pics like i've mentioned a gazillion times before...

Hunter and Nora enjoying some candy...


Mom, can we go yet??


Look at that face? Even though he kept getting called a "she", he was in very good spirits. I think next year will be a blast...


For a ton more pictures of cuteness just check out Heather's Blog, she's got a bunch there that she took of the 2 little ones!

In other news, I finally purchased the first piece in the "Kara makes her own kitchen island saga". Ever since we moved into the house I've felt like there was something missing in my kitchen. Don't get me wrong i'm in *love* w/ the tile countertops, and the "cottagey" feel of it... but there is a perfect space right in the middle of the kitchen and the "eat in" (which I don't use for that purpose, my dining room table is next to the living room). So, I priced out kitchen Islands. Not microwave carts, but actual standing islands. Well, that was an eye opener. Some of the ones I really liked were in the $800 range. Holy crap. Not happening! Even if I had the extra money, it would go towards something far more useful..

So my creative side comes in and as i'm picking apart each island, I notice that it is very simliar to that of a dresser. A free standing dresser.. with some minor adjustments. Well, this brings me to my favorite place ... craigslist. One person's junk is another person's treasure right? Yeah, I keep trying to convince Trevor too. After a few weeks of searching, I finally came across a dresser that looked like what I needed. It was very cheap, and located in Geneva which is only about 20 miles from me. The last thing I was missing were the dimensions...I had a pre-set idea of what the dimensions "should be" based on the real kitchen islands I shopped around for. So, I crossed my fingers and called the number on the ad. Sure enough, it was almost exactly the same as my $800 choice! Wahoo! So I went to pick it up last night w/ Trevor's truck and brought it home. I plan on being "done" by the end of the weekend to surprise Trevor when he gets back from his 5 day drill.. I will be documenting the whole process and will show you the finished product! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...