Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"Winter Garden" by Kristin Hannah



Let me start off by saying, I know I've spoke very highly of Kristin Hannah and the books I've read in the past, but I feel as though this one is set apart from the rest. In the sense that, it's probably one of the best books I've ever read, period. I have never read a book that has made me cry like this one. Tears of happiness and of sadness. What a tear-jerker. For real... Not only does it have a loving, family feel to it, but it also has a mystery feel to it. Throughout the whole book I was turning the page not knowing what to expect...

A little background on the book. The two main characters Meredith & Nina are somewhat close but really the only thing they have in common is how much they love their father. He is a kind hearted, hard working & friendly man that they both look up to. Their mother on the other hand, is somewhat cold and although provides a "warm" home and plenty of food growing up, never really opens up to her daughters and tries to get to know them. The girls get into their late 40's and their father suddenly passes away, but not before letting them know that there is more to their mother than meets the eye. He makes them promise to ask their mother to tell them her "Fairy Tale" from start to end.

Throughout the book you hear parts of the "Fairy Tale", and you experience what impact this story has on their mother and on them as well. I don't want to spoil anything so please excuse me if I sound vague, but if I can give you any advice today it is.... READ THIS BOOK! Seriously, you will not regret it and I can almost gurantee you will shed a tear or two. Leave me a comment if you end up reading it and let me know what you thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...