Monday, November 22, 2010

Housewarming Party and ...

Whew, what a weekend! We had our Housewarming party on Saturday and although I'd say it was a success, it was tiring. We had roughly 20-25 people there at any given point throughout the night. Luckily most of the guests kinda came in "groups" so our not so large house wasn't ever too crowded. :). We had a great time! How could you not with plenty of snacks, wine & people you love?

We are so thankful that everyone could make it & are grateful to have so many awesome friends & family members. Thanks again for making it a very special night for us. Honestly, I wish I had taken some picture lol... But I didn't.

Oh, and on a side note......



We got engaged!!!




Completely unexpected (on my part) and apparently Trevor had been planning this for a while (everyone knew but me...). It was even more awesome that he let my best friend Amanda & his Sister Heather know "when" he was going to do it... so they were both able to videotape it for me :). Although, i'll admit, I was almost TOO surpr
ised so I look kinda goofy. But, after all the nerves and (fear of people having all eyes on me), the excitement set in. I looooove the ring, it's very "kara"... and I loooove the guy who gave it to me so it's all good... :). Plus, when everyone started clapping, Hunter did too so I found that pretty funny.

Now with showing it off at work & making it "Facebook" official.. I'm getting the question of, "Oh, so when's the wedding?". That sure caught me by surprise as it just finally set in that I was even engaged. I'm not too familiar with these sorts of things as I'm the oldest one on my side of the family & only one of my friends are married
so far. Hmm. Well, all I can tell you folks, is that it's going to be before Trevor leaves for overseas-August 2011 (he leaves in Nov, but has to go down for training earlier).

So needless to say, i'm super happy :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...