Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Yes my friends that is my Christmas spirit showing. Now that Thanksgiving is over, I feel like Christmas is fair game. So yes, that means I have started decorating the house... Occasionally switching to radio stations that I know will be playing Christmas songs... and planning my Christmas shopping. Ahh. Gotta love the holidays! This past Saturday I dug our Christmas decorations out of the storage area & dragged them upstairs. The inside is mostly done, with the exception of our Christmas tree which we will most likely be purchasing this weekend. The outside however, still needs to be done. This is the first year we have a house/let alone a house with a porch and our very own trees to do what we please with. I'm sure we wont go overboard but I imagine we'll line the porch and maybe throw some on this little tree we have in front. No oversized snow globes and lighted reindeer for us :).

A little sneak peak of our fireplace/entertainment center...


Another thing that comes with Christmas is just the general holiday spirit. Many of you may find the mall terrifying around this time of year and avoid it at all costs. While I don't do a lot of my shopping at the mall, I still enjoy putting Hunter in the stroller and soaking up some of the holiday buzz. There's nothin' like window shopping w/ a delicious gingerbread latte in hand.

This past weekend we took a trip to Bass Pro Shops to take a look at the decorations (amazing!) & to visit Santa. Hunter loved looking around, he loved the giant fish tank and all of the animals (yes, the dead stuffed ones on the walls...). It was worth the trip (about 40 minutes from our house) and we picked up a cute bass pro hoodie for our little "hunter" for Christmas.


This weekend while Trevor's at drill, I'll probably get some of our Christmas shopping done for the general family. We have a Christmas party on Saturday (in Buffalo @ the Armory) and I have a birthday party on Sunday for one of my co-workers adorable 3-year old. Busy weekend, so I hope we can find some free time to grab our tree... I just wonder how Hunter Charles will handle it this year now that he gets into... everything. This year I think he will enjoy the idea of opening presents. Last year he just looked at us like we were morons.

My favorite season of the year is beginning... can't hold back my excitement...

1 comment:

  1. Working in retail for 25 years I have always been a scrooge. I am so happy that you are so excited about the holidays. Imagine if I were to have been so excited while you and Kyle were growing up. You would then be CRAZY MANIC. So I guess there is a positive from me helping raise you two. I love you both

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...