Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cookie-Fest 2010. (& a family Christmas too!)

This past weekend was a fun one! I had my two little cousins over for some cookie-making madness! We started out the night by making by making & then rolling the dough. We decided to make just sugar cookies once we realized the time required to prep, bake & cool them. They came out really well! The kids did a great job decorating & loooved my sprinkle collection (more on that later!). I could kick myself though, I took a couple pictures of the "finished product" but somehow don't have them with me (at work). I will post a pic of the wonderful cookies later tonight! In the meantime... a montage...















































We finished up the night by watching "Marmaduke" which was a surprise change-up (Shrek 4 was not available). It turned out to be a cute movie. I love getting to spend time with my two favorite little cousins & Hunter had a blast with his 2 new bff's.

Saturday we headed over to Trevor's Mom's for his extended family Christmas party. It was fun, there was a lot of food! (Must. Learn. Self. Control.) but other then feeling full to the point of bursting, it was a really fun time. Lots of "new" additions to the family so it was fun to visit and dwell in their adorable-ness (if that's a word..). Hunter especially loves his cousin Nora...

I love the holidays, & not just for the decorations, gifts and delicious foods but because it's a time when you put the stresses of "real-life" aside and just enjoy each other and the things that matter most!

5 days 'til Christmas Eve!!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...