Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas!

What a busy but joyful day! I'll start at the beginning, although this could potentially become quite the lengthy post.

We woke up around 7 on Christmas Morning...We actually had to wake our little guy up, as he usually sleeps til 9 if you let him. We had to be at Trevor's Mom's by 9, and it's about a 40 minute drive, so we wanted to leave ourselves enough time to enjoy opening presents. When Hunter walked out into the living room, his expression was just as we hoped, "Awwwww". He loved all the presents and I think he also enjoyed the fact that we didn't say "no no, don't touch" when he went to pick up the gifts. He "opened" a majority of them, but got easily distracted as he saw all the fun new stuff to play with. He got a lot of neat things...some fun toys, a movie, a TON of books, some practical things (big boy cups & a silverware set) and some cutie outfits. I think he enjoyed himself...

After we finished unwrapping, we fired up the Keurig, filled our travel mugs and headed over to Trevor's Mom's (yes, in our Christmas PJ's). When we got there we all hung out, had some breakfast and then opened gifts! Once again, we got spoiled! Hunter got a stand up kitchen from Grandma Cindy, a bunch more clothes, more books including 2 books that are recordable. It's so great because Trevor can record his voice telling the story and I can "read" them to Hunter next year when Trevor's gone. Thanks Cindy & Heather, what a thoughtful gift! Trevor and I got some awesome stuff too, some gift cards, I got my Nicholas Sparks book I wanted (already finished it... ;) ), and some other fun stuff. It was a great morning. We love spending time with everyone, especially around the holidays. It makes us remember how lucky we are...

We headed home after that, and had to get ready to go to my Mom's. After getting dressed and loading up another set of gifts, we made the trip back to Penfield. My mom's side of the family is pretty big on it's own, but add in girlfriends/boyfriends and some friends and it is quite an event. It was great to see my family and to have an excuse to snack and drink some wine. We opened presents and once again, got some really great stuff! By the time Hunter and I got home that night, we were exhausted. Trevor was hungry so we ordered some Chinese and enjoyed that while watching "Easy A", which I've been wanting to see. It was cute, not as funny as I expected though. After Hunter passed out on the floor...


We put him in bed, and then Trevor and I broke in the new Kinect (hmm, who was the lucky boy that got that gift). It was actually a lot of fun. The best part was the random pictures that it took ... Something completely embarrassing to look back on some day. After it kicked our butts, we watched another movie (I forgot the name.. it was THAT good...) and then went to sleep!

It was a great Christmas, we got to see all of our nearby families, and we enjoyed the first Christmas in our house. Although I love the holidays, it is nice to be able to relax.

Now time for some evidence that our day was wonderful...


Look what Santa put out for Mommy & Daddy ... What a nice guy!















A nice little message on the chalkboard...












Excited little boy


Some of Hunter's stocking stuffers



Opening some presents


His new singing Crayola pad


The Leapster Laptop that we got him in hopes that he would resort to this when he got his laptop cravings.



My other happy boy holding his new toys


The pirate ship!



A few pics from my Mom's house...



Merry Christmas Everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...