Thursday, December 23, 2010

Salt Dough Deer, Caramel Popcorn & Reindeer Chow

I have been a busy busy bee the last few days! (Sorry for being behind on posting, I've had them prepared just had to add the pictures). Last night (Wednesday) I had to finish up my gift for Julie *our daycare lady* and my gifts for Rick & Jen (my best work buds).

For Julie, I bought a cute little basket at Michael's and filled it with some homemade caramel popcorn, the reindeer chow (see pic & explanation below) & an ornament that we made out of salt-dough (tutorial & pics to come at a later post-after X-mas if you get my drift). We also gave her a card expressing our heartfelt thanks in having her to watch over Hunter for us when we can't be there. It really is a blessing to have such a wonderful person in ours & Hunter's lives. We love you Julie! (I could kick myself for not getting a pic of the "basket" in it's entirety, boo).

For Rick & Jen's gifts, they each got a tin of the "Reindeer Chow", a bag of Caramel popcorn &
a bottle of wine. We kept it simple this year, as money is tight for everyone. We're going to Pattaya (yessssss') for lunch today to exchange gifts. Also, I'm bookin' outta here @ 3:00 pm (Thanks again Paychex!) and I have a few last minute errands to run as tomorrow is Christmas Eve!! Yay! Hunter and I have a project to work on tomorrow during the day but I will also do some cleaning/straightening up for the holiday weekend. God, where does the time go??

If your wondering how I made the reindeer chow, it is from this recipe. Then I put the "chow" in a Ziploc baggie (to keep it fresh) and put it in a cute little see-through tin I found at Michael's last year after Christmas. Then, I printed out this poem.. (here's a GIANT copy of it in case you want to read it, oops..rookie printing error).



Imagine this poem, but about 1/4 the size, attached to a piece of ribbon. Also, I typed up the ingrediants on a separate card and attached them as well.

The "goods" (Before)


The finished product!




There's Hunter Charles, my little helper. Although none of the recipes called for sprinkles. Hmm. Well, it's the thought that counts right?

Have a Happy Thursday (/FRIDAY) everyone! Tomorrow is Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...