Friday, December 10, 2010

Have you "Hurd"?

I may have found the one! (No, I'm not referring to Trevor, we've already decided he's "the one") but rather a place to have our wedding. I've been doing some research (that's an understatement) and our biggest hurdle as I mentioned before is AVAILABILITY. Planning a wedding in (January-when I'm really going to dive in) for a hopeful date of June 25th (or 24th/26th) is not easy. A lot of places that I called just flat out said "we're booked". Boo. The Springdale Farm venue I mentioned, was the only place I let them put me on the "cancellation" list for. Only because I just loved it.

Well this place was actually a recommendation from the woman who runs Springdale Farm. When she heard the dissapointment (desperation?) in my voice, she immediately urged me to call "Hurd Orchards" which isn't as close but apparently is worth the short drive.

To get the general idea of this place I had to do some google-stalking because their website (albeit helpful) did not have many pictures at all! So please be aware that I am not taking any credit for these pictures or blogs that are to come, they were "borrowed" from Google.

Gorgeous Rustic Hurd Orchards (McKays Photo-Blog)

Keeping up with Kracke Photography: Hurd Orchards

Theknot.com - Real Weddings (Which super ironically is one of my clients at work. I talk to the woman in HR who actually built the website...maybe I can slip in a conversation that results in a free wedding dress? no? alright.)

That can give you some ideas of what we are lookin' at. They do have the June 25th date available, the only "issue" or thing that they are worried about, is that it is right in their prime-cherry picking season & she is worried about it being crowded. They are going to let me know in a few days and then we can discuss pricing details further. The thing I just loved about this place (aside from the antique barn ...) are:

  • The flower arrangements are included. They look beautiful (simple) in the pictures & that truly is all I'm looking for.
  • The ceremony can be done on the grounds & is not additional charge.
  • They cater their own events and it is included in the price. They use antique china (how fun!) & real silver.
  • The use of the barn, grounds, chairs and tables are all included.
  • The guest cottage is yours for the duration of the wedding. Maybe somewhere to get ready?
So some things we'd have to consider; Getting a DJ? or something to provide musical entertainment, a photographer of course (I've been researchin') and then an officiant. Of course, there are other details but those would be our "big" ones.

I can't help but be a teeny-tiny bit excited about the idea of that place. So, *cross your fingers*

In other news, it's Friiiidaaay. Yay. Tonight I'm having Hunter/Girls night with Amanda & Delaney. We are going to watch movies, drink wine, you know the drill. Trev works late so we can watch whatever crappy love story we want to.

This weekend actually may be pretty "relaxed" which is fine by me compared to last weekend. We will probably spend a majority of it organizing, getting things ready for Christmas, organizing bills, etc. Fun fun. Saturday I may go to David's Bridal w/ Amanda to try on dresses. I've seen a few online that sparked my fancy but who knows how they look in person. I suppose it's time to start shoppin'. Also for my Bridesmaids, I'm thinking Sage Green. My favorite color is green & I think it's a good color for early summer.



Although I have a soft spot in my heart for brown. Decisions, decisions!


Don't pay too much attention to the styles of the dresses, this is just to look at colors. The only thing I'm "sure" of is that it will not be a long length. Only because June is a pretty warm month & I don't want to be cruel.

Off to get some work done (is that even possible on a Friday?)

Stay warm (I believe it's 13 lovely degrees outside) & drive safe, happy Friday :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...