Monday, December 27, 2010

A day to relax...

All I can say is, thank god Christmas fell on a Saturday this year! If it had been on a Sunday, I don't know how I would have gone to work the next day. As I mentioned, yesterday was wonderful, but exhausting at the same time. Today, we took full advantage of the opportunity to just relax. The only time we even left the house was to run to Wegmans and do a little (much needed) grocery shopping. Other than that, we stayed in. PJ's on, and watched movies, played Kinect and just enjoyed our new stuff.

Hunter was having a ball playing with his new kitchen. He also helped me in the real kitchen while I made some Garlic & herb Italian Rope sausage, with fried green peppers, onions and Home-made Macaroni and Cheese. He was wearing his little apron I found for him @ Michaels so we matched. He had a good time helping out & got to sample the mac & cheese (a tough job, I know).


Mommy's little chef


Takin' a quick break to draw on his chalkboard


Playing with his pretend kitchen



Also, got a lot of reading done today. I finished my book that I got yesterday from Heather, Michael & Nora... Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. Let me start by saying, I LOVED IT. It was such a good book, quite possibly one of his best yet....(I think The Notebook is too much of a classic to bump it down on the list). It was so easy to get into & was a really great story. I'd run to the store and buy this one immediately. You heard me, go.

"Happy" Monday everyone. Thank goodness for another short week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...