Thursday, December 30, 2010

Ideas, Ideas.

Happy Thursday (which is technically my "Friday"!)...

Trev and I took down the Christmas decorations last night, the house looks kinda bare but it feels good to have things back to normal. Like I've mentioned, I love the holidays, but it's pretty relieving when it's over :).

We have a fun night planned tomorrow, we are going to have a small New Years get together with some of our friends &some of my cousins. I'm pretty excited, it's fun to go out-but I'd much prefer staying in and drinking my own wine in the comfort of my home (yep, I'm lame).

We've been doing some intense research, tossing around ideas and trying to come up with some general plans for our wedding. I can safely say, we have exhausted all of our resources. I must have called at least 20 places (for the receptions) and either they weren't available, or they were way too pricey for us. So, being the nutcase I am... I threw out an idea.

Have the wedding in the church down the street from our house (it's actually very pretty) and extremely CHEAP (compared to other ceremony sites, churches....). They would marry us, even though Trevor's not Catholic and I am... AND, they have the 25th of June open. Hmm...

Then, for a reception, we would do a backyard "bbq", in our very own yard. STOP, before you panic... let me point out some really important details...

  • If we do it this way, we can save ourselves a bunch of money, therefore taking a nicer honeymoon then we originally planned.
  • Our backyard is pretty spacious (enough for what we need it to be), & it is cozily fenced in.
  • There is still room to have a 12 x 12 dance floor, table for food, and the tables we would need for the guests.
  • For a "DJ" we would use our I-Pod and a nice set of speakers, and set up some playlists on the deck.
  • It could be beautiful with those outdoor lights strung along the fence. Mason jars w/ candles on the tables... let's use our imagination.
  • For food, we would do it "buffet/picnic style" but more than likely have it catered by either my uncle or another cheap place.
  • For seating, there is a rental place that is surprisingly cheap and the whole ordeal could potentially cost less than $500, (tables, chairs, tableclothes, dancefloor, etc.)
  • For "adult beverages" I have the hookup from my friend Jen, who's mom works for Canandaigua Wine Co. and gets a case (12 bottles) for $40. I believe with a case or 2 of wine, and a keg...We could keep the alcohol under $200.
  • Please, please, before you judge (or stare at me in horror)... take a look at these blogs.
A Backyard Wedding

YoungHouseLove-A look back at our Backyard Wedding

Obviously, those are just for "inspiration", we wouldn't be having our ceremony outside.

The biggest downfall I can see of this whole plan, is ... What if it rains?

Technically, that could make things super difficult and could potentially create a much larger expense in having to rent a tent. So, what I'd have to do is have a tent rental on stand-by. Which, as I researched, is a possibility.

So, now you know what's been going on inside of this crazy little head of mine. It's not "Final" persay, but it's an idea that's been thrown out there and was agreeable for Trevor and I. The only thing that we are "sure" of, is that we are going to use the Church in Shortsville, we are meeting with the Priest sometime next month and going from there!

Thoughts? Lemme' Know. PS, I may have found my wedding dress. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...